Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Projects!

I'm feeling just a tad guilty sitting her blogging while there are only two presents wrapped under the Christmas tree. How is this possible since I have been done shopping for two weeks? Well, I blame it all on a little machine you may or may not (but should!) have heard of - a Cricut. You see, for some reason, I decided I needed to get myself one for Christmas. And then I decided I needed to have it early. And then thought it would be fun to test it out and make cute little gift tags for our families' presents.

Well, apparently during this thought process... I had forgotten just how big our families are! It has been fun, but much more time-consuming than I had anticipated. I long debated between the Personal Cricut and the Expressions but decided to go for the baby one since I got such an AMAZING deal on it. It has worked GREAT, except for the fact that the smallest font size you can choose is one inch. That becomes a little tricky with gift tags! This one above that I did for my little sister was really simple, but trying to get names to fit on snowmen and ornaments and Christmas trees took some more creativity. All a learning process I suppose!

Since I was in a crafty mood, I decided to try out a couple more projects:

Wood Block Photo Ornaments for my mom:
A festive little ornament box to go along with them....


And a little jewelry box for my niece's birthday necklace.
(Her birthday is on Christmas Eve so I always try to do something a little extra to make it special for her!) As you can tell from the picture, Modge Podge and I are still getting acquainted, but not too bad for a first go.
More projects to come... hoping to revive Project Friday!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love it! Sounds like you're having fun with your little bug.

Just wait until Birthday seasons, all the fun things you can do.

Merry Christmas!

Andersons said...

So cute - you're so crafty and talented!!