Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


10 Fabulous Things About This Mother's Day

1) Celebrating being a mom to THREE beautiful children who melt my heart every day.

2) Spending the morning with my mom - who has set such an amazing example of unconditional love.

3) Having a fabulous bruch at my parents house (cooked by dad.)

4) Hearing "Happy Mother's Day" 300 times by the most adorable little girls on the planet.

5) Being handed a preschool mothers day craft from my sweet little Kaylee in which she stated my age as 50, said my favorite thing to eat is chicken fingers, oh... and when filling in the blank for "my mom sings..." she said "I'm the only one who sings and I sing very pretty!" (At least we don't have to worry about self esteem issues... right? :-) )

6) Shopping with Josh and the kiddos for some gorgeous new hanging baskets for the front porch and annuals to plant in the flowerbeds. Then spending the afternoon planting them as a family. (Poor Kaylee wasn't feeling well so Jadyn was my only little helper.)

7) Being surprised by my parents treated me to a GORGEOUS bracelet for being the mother of their grandchildren (isn't that a fabulous tradition?)

8) Finishing off the day with dinner out... no cooking or cleaning up for me!

9) A beautiful, warm day with glorious sunshine (my favorite!)

10) Having a funny story to always remember this day by...

After eating at my parents house, I tried to start cleaning up the dishes. My mom came in the kitchen trying to get me to stop and playfully smacked my hands and told me if I didn't stop it I was going to have to get out of her house. Kaylee comes running in from the dining room sobbing and with a very angry face, put her hands on her hips and yelled at my mom "Don't you be mean to my Mommy! It's Mother's Day and she can do whatever she wants!"

Well, one day a year at least. :-)

For now, I think I'll snuggle up on this little guy....

No comments: