Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School

It was a big day in the McCulloch household.  The girls woke up to waffles and strawberries for breakfast and couldn't wait to get ready for their first day of school!

Kaylee was up first.  She looked like such a big girl with her straight hair and pretty dress!  She only has a few of the same kids in her class from last year, but was excited to see her friend Abbie who lives down the street.  (They put their desks right next to each other - so cute!)


After the littles and I walked Kaylee to her classroom, Jadyn seemed really sad.  At first I thought it was just because she was missing her big sister, but once we got to the car, I realized she didn't want to have to wait until the afternoon to start Kindergarten!

She was literally counting the minutes once we got home.  She and Tyler tried to keep themselves entertained in the meantime. (Lots and lots of swinging on the front porch swing and playing the "is it time to go yet?" game.... over and over and over.)  That's Mommy's favorite.



I gave Jadyn the option of having the boys come with us or taking them to co-op.  She decided she wanted me all to herself so we went just the two of us.  With all my delaying, we still got there 20 minutes early so we went to the playground to kill some time.  She was soo excited to see her big sister running around in the field with her friends!  It didn't take long for her to notice the monkey bars though... I don't know where it came from but two minutes in she was flipping around that thing and doing split handstands (I'm sure there's a technical name but that's what she calls it haha) on the high bar.  Why do I have a feeling I'll be getting a phone call from the school one day about my daughter with a broken arm?? Oi. That one.

As soon as it was time to line up against the wall by her classroom, Jadyn was introducing herself to her new classmates and quickly making friends. "Hi, I'm Jadyn.  And this is my new friend ____.  Do you like my pretty necklace??"  Yes, I think our little social butterfly is going to be just fine in Kindergarten!

Since there's no more mid-afternoon busing, I didn't get a shot of her getting on the bus for the first time.  I wanted to sneak back to school and make sure she got on okay to go home, but with all the construction by the school was worried that I wouldn't make it back in time to walk with Josh and the boys to the bus stop.  And then I felt really bad when they told me that she was in tears because the Kindergarteners loaded before the big kids and she was scared about her big sissy not being there!  The next day I made sure to be there, and go figure she was all smiles and shooing me away! :-)



One of my favorite parts of the day? When Grandma Lauri called to ask the girls about their favorite part of the first day.  Kaylee's response?  "Seeing my little sister at recess!"  Cue heart melting into one slushy puddle.... love these sweet girls so much!

No comments: