But when I looked out my window and saw Winter Wonderland, I decided it sounded like much more fun to go play in snow. Cookies could wait, right?
For some reason, it seemed to take half the day to get the kids dressed in their snow clothes, so Jadyn didn't last too long before she was ready for a nap. I don't think she was too sure about all this cold white stuff or not being able to move in her snowbibs... but doesn't she make a cute little marshmallow?
Josh made a good attempt at making the snowman that he had promised the girls, but the snow didn't want to cooperate. It was too flaky and would just fall apart when he tried to roll it in a ball.
Kaylee was a little sad, so Mommy made her a miniature snowman while Daddy took her on a quick snowmobile ride up the street. I also taught Kaylee how to make snow angels and she tried to catch snowflakes on her tongue. I'm still a bit in awe that we have so much snow here! After playing, we warmed up in the garage and enjoyed the hot cocoa that Daddy made. I'm pretty sure Kaylee would have been content staying out there all day!
As for baking... well, I'm not so sure I want to drive in this stuff to get the rest of the ingredients I need. Which means I'll either have to scratch baking all together or attempt to make due with what I have in the kitchen. THAT could be interesting.... :-)



3 comments:
...or you could borrow ingredients from your fabulous neighbor. :-)
We haven't played out in the snow yet - it's too cold out there! You've inspired me though. :-)
And I did the collage on picasa (it's linked through blogger).
Stay warm!!
Playing is much much more exciting than baking, but those look like really cute cookies! You are always so crafty and exciting with things like that!
Whenever I get the kids ready to go outside in the snow I always think of Christmas Story, and the youngest kid who can't put his arms down after his mom gets him all bundled!
We have yet to attempt the outdoors, I am secretly waiting for Justin to have to take them out......:)
Good job mommy! Way better to skip the baking and play with the babes! Looks like they had a blast anyway.
Post a Comment