Monday, September 7, 2009

Found.

So I come home from picking up a pizza last night and Kaylee comes running up to the car with an enormous grin on her face - "Mommy Mommy! There's a kitty in our garage!" I walk in to see my husband and little girls kneeling around a tiny little gray and white baby kitten drinking a bowl of milk. Turns out they found her in our front flower bed while Josh was watering the plants.

Of course he happens to show up on Labor Day weekend when all the shelters are closed, which means we have had to keep him here. Don't let those sweet little whiskers or giddy expressions on the girls' faces fool you though - this little thing (despite being adorable and pulling at my heartstrings just a little) will NOT become a permanent member of the family. The mere fact that I am currently the mother of 2.5 children answers that for me (besides, I had enough animals growing up to last me a lifetime... including a cat that liked to pee in the sugar bowl!)
However, I'm sure one of you is just dying to take him home... right?? I mean, I did promise the girls we'd find him a good home!


2 comments:

Andersons said...

I'm not offering to take the kitten or anything, but it's FREAKING ADORABLE! Just had to say that. :-)

Malissa said...

Seriously. This would be so much easier if he wasn't!