Saturday, January 2, 2010

28 Weeks


28 WEEK STATS

Date: January 2nd

Weight gained: 17 pounds

I am convinced this little boy is going to be a linebacker! I remember the girls moving around in there, but nothing like this. The other day I was watching a movie on my laptop and the edge of the computer was touching my belly. Five minutes into it he was completely bouncing the computer up and down! Nope - definitely don't have to count minutes between movements with this kid... he never stops.
My belly is already feeling huge but I am actually measuring a little smaller than I was with the girls. The doctor is pretty sure its because of how low I'm carrying him but since I haven't gained as much weight as she would like, she put me on a "cheeseburger and milkshake diet" - which would be great... except for some reason, all I want to eat is mangoes! Which kinda stinks since it's the middle of winter and mangoes are completely out of season. I paid $2 for a barely ripe one the other day and was in heaven.
The whole mango thing happens to be a new pregnancy craving. Usually it's just Mexican food and dryer sheets (smelling them, not eating them... do I need to point that out?) I know, it's weird. Well truthfully, I love the smell of any cleaner, bleach, paint thinner... but considering those are all things I shouldn't be around, I figure dryer sheets are a safer bet. :-)
The girls are getting more and more anxious for their little brother to arrive and ask me every day if it's time for the "doctor to take him out." Can't believe we're only 12 weeks away from meeting him!
P.S. Fetal fibronectin test came back negative (started having some pretty strong contractions on New Years Eve and they haven't let up much!) which means this little boy is planning on staying put - at least for another couple weeks until I get tested again! So really all these contractions are just early torture.... but much better than my sweet baby being born too early! I'm willing to put money on the fact that he'll come right on time. (And yay... no bedrest!)

No comments: