Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

Oh 2010! I have a feeling you are going to be quite eventful. Of course, at the top of the list is meeting our sweet new baby boy. I know I should feel like the pregnancy has dragged on and on, but it has really flown by. And I'm still adjusting to the idea of having a SON... football/t ball games, bugs and mud, scraped knees, and baseball caps. I. Can't. Wait. I lay awake at night sometimes - just wondering what he'll look like, what he'll be like... will he melt my heart the way everyone says he will? I'm predicting yes.

Then of course, there's the home addition. We are still wrapping up loose ends (building permits, financing, etc ) before we can start construction but mostly I'm just still in shock that it's happening. My stomach is in knots (partly anxious... mostly excited!) just thinking about it. Dad seems to think we can get it done before the baby comes, but considering how much there is to do (and the fact that we're doing most of it ourselves!) it just seems so impossible.

Fast forward a few months and we'll be watching our little Kaylee get on a bus for her first day of Kindergarten. And our little Jadyn will be turning 3. Craziness I tell you! I keep telling life to slow down and it doesn't listen. Just makes me want to cherish each day even more!
Looking foward to all that this new year will bring!

No comments: