My Aunt Patty is going to be a little disappointed in me when she reads this. You see, she's kinda been giving me a hard time about not updating my blog, and I have to admit that this post has absolutely nothing to do with my sweet little family. (Though, you'd be proud to hear that I have about 15 posts in my draft box dating back to January that just need pictures loaded before they can be unleashed. Soon, very soon! :-) )
Ever since my friend Jensa got me hooked on Google Reader and I discovered an addicting little website called Pinterest, I've been a bit distracted. Or maybe MORE distracted would be a better way to put it. I've always been a bit Decorating ADD, but when I wake up ever morning to a whole slew of new ideas to scroll through, well - it's just dangerous.
Like this ridiculously perfect Master Bedroom from Studio Ten 25. Um, wow. I want to transplant this into my house and then take a really awesome nap.
(Just kidding, I don't nap. But it sounds fun!)
(Just kidding, I don't nap. But it sounds fun!)
I've already packed up our old over-priced Pottery Barn bedding set that we've had for the last 7 years to list on Craigslist. I'll be operating on a much smaller budget this time, but I'm excited to freshen up the space! (Hmm maybe it will no longer serve as the most neglected room in the house??)
After my master bedroom had its face lift, I'd move into the laundry room. I'm thinking something like this would do....
Okay, maybe that's taking the daydreaming thing a little too far. In real life I don't have those amazing windows or patio door or spacious counter tops. (And on the rare occasion fresh cut flowers make their way into my house I surely don't abandon them in the laundry room!) BUT that cool shade of blue, some newly painted white cabinets/counter tops, and tile floor... oh yes, that can be done. Husband, husband, where are you?? (You better give him a sympathy hug next time you see him... his "To Do List" has become kinda ridiculous since Pinterest entered my world. On second thought, you'd better give him two hugs!)
Speaking of Pinterest, I was looking over my Idea Boards and it turns out I have a slight obsession with teal.
Speaking of Pinterest, I was looking over my Idea Boards and it turns out I have a slight obsession with teal.

Actually I think I've always had a love for that color, just never really realized it. My wardrobe has a sad tendency to center around boring blacks and whites, but when I do venture out... it's usually in this color family. Same thing with jewelry. There's just something so serene and yet slighty bold, all at the same time. I'm hoping to incorporate it into some new decorating projects that are in the works... I can't wait!
4 comments:
My friend just showed me pintrest the other day...love it! And I love your new blog background. :-)
P.S. I still need to see your Blurb book!
Thanks! It's actually a fabric swatch photo from fabric.com that I just tiled on the background. Come over anytime to see the book! :-)
So I don't know who will see this :) Malissa you are a little tease but I love you. I have been waiting and waiting. But I forgive you. Hugs, AP
So I don't know who will see this :) Malissa you are a little tease but I love you. I have been waiting and waiting. But I forgive you. Hugs, AP
Post a Comment