Thursday, May 12, 2011

A little something is missing around here...

Our little Kaylee has had a wiggly bottom tooth for well over a month now. It has literally been hanging on by a thread and we've been waiting patiently for it to fall out on its own. As I was tucking Jadyn into bed tonight, I heard Kaylee squealing from the bathroom, "My tooth! My tooth! It came out!" She had been brushing her teeth and caught it when she spit the water out.


She was sooo excited to put her tooth under her pillow and wait for the Tooth Fairy to come. So much, that she could NOT fall asleep. It would be totally quiet in her room and then all of a sudden we'd hear, "Mom? Is the tooth fairy little so she can see there's a tooth under my pillow?" ... "Well what if she's too little and she drops my tooth?"... "Mommy? How does she get inside? Is she magic like Tinker Bell?" Ohhh, she should not be this big already!!

And this is what our sweet girl will wake up to in the morning (courtesy of a very sleepy and ill-prepared Tooth Fairy!)


She even left a little glitter behind - just a little fairy dust that fell off her dress. :-)


I realized as I started writing this post that I forgot to take a picture of her new cute little mouth, so I will update the post with one tomorrow. :-)

1 comment:

valerie said...

geesh make us other "toothfairies" look bad why don't ya?!

Pretty stinkin adorable idea though. I found this little pillow that holds the tooth, and she has to put in by the door so the toothfairy can find it! hahaha
I am a pretty lazy tooth person. I get so scared she is going to wake up that I liked this alternative! haha