Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tomorrow... We Meet Our Baby Boy TOMORROW!

I almost can't believe I'm saying this - but we did it. We actually wrapped up this project just in time. I still feel like my head is spinning and I haven't sat down long enough for it all to sink in, but given that last weekend we weren't sure there was any chance (scheduling issues with permit inspections, mud that wouldn't dry due to constant rain, crazy plumbers...) - I'm just so
thankful that we are at this point. The final inspector doesn't come until tomorrow when we're at the hospital, but as long as everything is good with that, Josh can start moving things in during his next few days off. We still have a few projects to tackle (paint touch ups, etc) and the backyard is a holy disaster, but the fact that our new addition is livable after 35 days is pretty remarkable! I can't say I'll be sad to close down my expenditures sheet and not see the inside of Lowe's or Home Depot for a while... the clerks there know me far too well by now!
Now I'm off to pack my hospital bag and hopefully get a little rest. We were literally still finishing things up until 3am last night but wanted to make sure we had today to get things ready for baby. My Aunt Patty and Uncle Robert (who also helped us last weekend with insulation and wiring but for some reason I don't have a picture!) are staying the night at our house tonight so they can be here with the girls when we go to the hospital in the morning, then they're off to my mom's house.
Oh sweet Tyler... I can't wait to hold you!!


No comments: