Wednesday, June 16, 2010

3 Months

Right after Baby Tyler was born (and crazy had become the new normal in the McCulloch household) my friends with three kids kept telling me the same thing - if I could just get past the first two months, everything would get easier. And you know what? They were right.

Seriously - something magical happens between the second and third month. One day you wake and you're strolling through Target with three little ones sandwiched into one of those under-sized red shopping carts (amazingly, it can be done) rationing out popcorn in paper cups with one hand and rescuing a fallen binkie with the other, all the while still moving toward the next section of the store and you don't even notice the "wow, she really has her hands full" looks from the sweet old ladies passing by. And two hours later, after a tantrum-free jaunt in the toy aisle, strategically stuffing all the merchandise in the under-cart rack, and spending twice the amount you had intended on stuff you probably didn't need but couldn't resist buying for such a good deal... you make it out to car, load up your goodies, change a couple diapers, strap all the kids in, and realize with sweet satisfaction that you just survived Target - with three kids under the age of 5 - without even breaking a sweat.

Hello sanity, it's nice to see you again. Please stick around for a while?

Now that I have officially patted myself on the back, I suppose I should admit that this revolution has a lot to do with our little Ty and little to do with me. Our once tiny, sad little baby who cried anytime Mommy put him down or anyone else tried to hold him has now become quite the happy little thing! He has the sweetest little smile and recently discovered his laugh, which we just can't get enough of. All you have to do is look at him and his whole face lights up! He actually seems to enjoy just laying on a blanket on the floor, observing the world around him (mostly his two big sisters who seem to always be hovering over him!)

Words can't express just how much I adore this little boy. And you know what? He's seems pretty fond of his mama too. I love when I'm carrying him around the house and he reaches his arms up around my neck and nestles his squishy little cheek against my shoulder. And the way he kicks his little legs and arms in excitement when he hears my voice. Yes, sweet boy, mama loves you too.

3 Months Old

Approx. 13 1/2 lbs


He's still working on rolling over, but it doesn't seem far off. Considering his big sisters practically came out of the womb running, I'm not exactly in a hurry. My babies don't tend to stay babies very long, so I'm hoping this one will let me enjoy it at least a little longer!

No comments: