Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Solids


I had planned to wait until Tyler was 6 months old to introduce solids, but for a couple weeks now he has been smacking his lips every time he sees us eating and practically trys to pry the fork from my hand at dinnertime (perhaps the real reason he finds it a such a convenient time to cry for Mommy's attention) - so I decided we might as well start a little early.

He seemed excited when he saw me with his little bowl and spoon in front of him, but wasn't quite sure what to do when the rice cereal actually made it into his mouth. He munched on it a little but started gagging every time the cereal would get to his throat. We actually did make it through the whole bowl, but I think most of made it on his chin and bib. I'm pretty sure his favorite part was taking the spoon away from me and trying to feed himself!

No comments: