I made a promise to myself before our little Tyler was born.No matter what it took, no matter how many loads of laundry I had to let pile up or how many dirty dishes I had to leave in the sink... I was going to soak up my time with him while he was still a baby. The fact that I'm 95%...90%... 80%... pretty sure he is going to be our last, just makes me want to savour each milestone, all those chubby little rolls, and that irresistible baby smell even more. Yet somehow, even with the best intentions and all the extra snuggles I somehow managed to sneak in, the first 7 1/2 months of my sons life have gone in a flash and he is quickly turning into a little boy.
I woke up this morning to the sound of our little guy cooing in my ear. His favorites seem to be "goo" and "baba" but he especially loves to make his voice gurgle. As soon as the sound comes out of his throat, he grins even bigger and does it again - stretching out his soft pudgy hand to touch my face. I smile back and squeeze him into me, the soft curls at the top of his head tickling my chin.
These first few minutes in the morning are my favorite time of the day with my little Ty. He is sleeping in his crib for the first part of the night, but when he wakes up for his 2am feeding, I just take him back to bed with me. Partly for convenience, and partly because it's really the only time I get to snuggle him these days. (He still fusses to be held all the time but it's kinda like trying to keep hold a rambunctious new puppy... his little legs and arms are always on the move and it takes a bit of wrangling just to keep him from jumping off your lap!)
I am going to completely jinx myself by saying this, but I might just be a little sad when he actually starts sleeping through the night and I don't have my sweet little buddy to wake up to.
(Though someone might have to remind me of that when they notice those dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep! There will be time for that when they're teenagers... right??)
2 comments:
That's a good promise to make and follow thru with. It's easy to get wrapped in everyday life and take the time for granted.
I couldn't believe how big and busy he was the other day.
Your little Ty is so so so soooo dang cute Malissa! It's so true - they get big way too fast. Makes me sad. I too am working on doing the blurb thing. Let me know if you have any tricks or tips - and I am trying to play catch up as well! Happy blogging girlfriend!
Post a Comment