Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Project 1 Complete: Organizing School Paperwork

Well, we're 18 days into January and I'm already two projects down from my list!  Nesting is definitely in full swing around here.

Remember this project I showed you from I Heart Organizing on storing school paperwork?


Well, it's done and I couldn't be happier!  It was such a quick and easy project to do.  Jen provides printables on her blog (I had to recreate the labels on the Avery site since mine were a different size) so I just had to pick up the supplies and put it all together.  The girls were excited to have their own special bins and couldn't wait to help me put them together.

I loved the bins that Jen used, but couldn't find them in stores and they're $35/each on Amazon.  So I picked up these ones from Office Depot.  They were on a promo for 100% back in rewards (we use the rewards $ to buy printer ink since it's something we have to buy anyway) so they were basically free!  And I like free.  The folders are all spread out in this picture, but there's actually a ton of room (I'm still trying to be picky about what I keep though... I'm sure it will fill up fast.)




I love how perfectly they fit into our office closet for easy access.   No more excuses for letting their papers pile up on the desk! 

Next up, the linen closet! (Josh hinted around last night that there are some projects he's been thinking about doing for my bday coming up... I'm super curious.  Laundry room maybe??  In my book, home improvement projects totally trump flowers! :-) )

4 comments:

valerie said...

ok seriously love it! Can I have a slice of your energy to actually accomplish these projects? That closet is picture perfect my friend! I need some awesome closets like that in my house. I'm desperate for more space! Maybe I can be super organized and then when or if we ever move out of my teeny tiny house I will be all set for this so called space I think I need :)
thanks again for the inspiration and ideas....I love to copy. And someday I will. Someday that is.

love you!

Jkwolter said...

I just completed this project from iheartorganizing, too! I was wondering if you would share how you made your name label for the front of the box...is it a sticker?

I bought the same boxes you did but filled them with legal size folders. I'm hoping to try to create a fabric covered sleeve (using cardboard, maybe?) to slide into the box to hide the contents!

Malissa said...

Hi! You can find the printable for the name label at this link: http://imagezoospark.com/goodies/printables/
I just cropped out the label I wanted, resized it in Picnik (to a 4x4 if I remember right), added the text, and ran in through my laminator.

What a great idea for the fabric covered sleeve! You'll have to link a picture if you do it.

~Malissa :-)

IHeart Organizing said...

I am drooling. Eye candy galore in that closet. Love how it all turned out!

xoxo!
Jen