It's hard to believe, but as of yesterday, Josh and I have been married for 5 years! But then again, so much has happened since then that's it's almost hard to remember life before being husband and wife.
Since Josh works on Saturday, we decided to celebrate today. We had tried to put together some kind of outdoor adventure (i.e. horseback riding, zip line, etc) but quickly learned that our anniversary falls a couple weeks short of most of that stuff. At first, I thought we might be a little disappointed with our day since none of that came through... but it ended up being an amazing and perfect day just as it was!
After dropping the kids off with my mom for the day (thanks Mom!) - we headed out for a nice ride on the bike up to Idaho City. I know, I don't really pull off the whole biker chick thing, but it was fun all the same! :-)
The rooster tail at Lucky Peak was today so we stopped by to see that on our way up. I had no idea just how many people would drive up to see it, but it was pretty cool! The ride up there was great. It's been a long time since I've been on a bike and I've never done a long run like this, but I loved it! It truly is a different experience than riding in a car. You actually get to enjoy the ride rather than just the destination. The weather was finally nice and spring like too!

We made it up to Idaho City and had a nice lunch together outside. About halfway through we looked up and noticed some rather dark clouds heading our way. We had planned to walk around town a bit, but decided we didn't really want a wet ride home so decided to head back. Luckily, the clouds decided to stay behind us, until we got the great idea to stop at this little coffee hut on the side of the highway. There was some handcrafted wood furniture sitting out and a little swing overlooking over the river. We thought it would be fun to sit there and enjoy some hot cocoa before we headed back. As our luck typically goes, we missed the closing time and by the time we got geared back up and on the bike, our little rain cloud decided to catch up with us.
Once it started raining on us, we couldn't help but laugh. We were like a couple kids playing out in the rain... well except for the whole 50 mph on a motorcycle part. Josh kept giving the cars a thumbs up as they passed us (they were looking at us like we were crazy), which just made us laugh even harder. I'm sure I probably found the whole situation much more comical since he decided to be "cool" and wear his half helmet... hey, my little full-face "spaceship" helmet sure kept those raindrops off my face! Luckily we missed most of the rain and got to enjoy more sunny skies once we were back in the Valley.
We still had quite a bit of time until dinner so we decided to ride down Warm Springs and look at all the pretty historical houses. We then stopped in Hyde Park, had some ice cream, listened to some music, then took a leisurely ride home to get dolled up for dinner.
Ah yes, dinner. Dinner was AMAZING!

We decided to go to The Melting Pot, since we had heard such rave reviews about it. I wasn't really sure what to expect (I never thought fondue would really be my thing). But really, it had to be one of the best dinners EVER. When we sat down the waiter told us to expect to be there for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. We weren't in a hurry by any means (I mean I love my children more than anything but we don't get time just the two of us very often!) but over 2 hours? We decided to go for their "Big Night Out" which included an appetizer (your choice of cheese with all kinds of breads, veggies, etc ), an entree platter which had everything from lobster to filet mignon, and my favorite - dessert! (We chose the "flaming turtle" which was made of chocolate, caramel, and pecans that they lit on fire at the table with everything from strawberries to cheesecake to rice crispy treats for dipping. Mmmm) Not only was the food amazing but it truly was an experience. I think we laughed more together through dinner than we have in months!
All in all, it was a simple, but wonderful day! It was such a good reminder of all the reasons that we fell in love in the first place and just reinforced the fact that there is no one I'd rather hand out with than him. I'm so thankful for my husband and for our little family and can't wait to celebrate another 5 years!

5 comments:
Congratulations on 5 fabulous years! And you can totally pull off the biker chick look. :-)
You guys had a perfect day, rain and all.
Congrats and Happy Anniversary!
What a fun day you must have had, Happy Anniversary!
So sweet. Sounds like you two got exactly what you needed- a little quality time together!
What a perfect day! How fun to get to spend the entire day together, just the two of you!
I am proud of you for riding on the bike for that long, not sure I would have been so cooperative! :)
You guys make such a cute couple, happy anniversary...a couple days later!
Post a Comment