Friday, February 6, 2009

2 Signs I've Been A Little Too Grumpy... and a GIRLS Night!

Apparently I'm not the only one who's noticed that I'm in a bit of a winter funk:

1) The other day Josh walked up to me, turned me around, looked straight in my eyes and with a half chuckle said "You know honey, you're too little to have so much grumpiness inside." Trying to keep I straight face but having to look away I replied,
"We are not friends today. Go away."
But the pain-in-the-butt got a laugh out of me anyway. What if I wanted to be grumpy?
2) Wednesday was Kaylee's ballet class. As our mornings typically go, we were running late and I was rushing the kids to get ready and in the car. Well, when class was over, Kaylee comes out the door and I put my arms out to her and say "Great job sweetheart... you were so wonderful today!" To which she replies (loudly enough for all the other moms to hear) - "Wow Mommy, are you going to be nice to me now?"
(I think I recognize that pouty lip from somewhere!)
Luckily for me, my friend Eden planned a Girls Dinner Out last night - much needed indeed! Eden, Ali, and I finished off the night with a quick trip to the mall (had to wait until AFTER bedtime to make sure Daddy was the one to put the girls to bed. Smart thinking, I know.) and I finally decided on my birthday present - two new pairs of Silver Jeans. (Buy one get one half off at Maurices!) It was a good night. :-)


As for the grumpiness, well, I'm working on it. Blame it on the sun people. Blame it on the sun. (Or really... lack there of!)

No comments: