(Sorry this is so late!!)

It was a long day for my little ballerina. Dress rehearsal was on the same day as the performance and we had to have the girls dressed and at the high school by 10am. The groups were allowed to leave after their practice but since Kaylee's class was very last... they had to wait 2 1/2 hours before heading home! Josh works on Saturdays so I had both girls in tow. For the first half of rehearsal, we got to sit in the auditorium and watch the other groups perform. The girls loved it! Every time one would finish she would start clapping as loud as she could and yell "woohoo great job guys!!" (which always resulted in some laughs from the crowd!) And about every 5 minutes she would ask "Is it my turn yet Mommy, I want to go on STAGE!"
After the first half was over, we all headed down to the basement to wait for their turn. And oh my goodness was it hot! (Which only made the girls uber-cute but very itchy costumes even itchier!)
They had to wait another hour down there and I was worried about Kaylee getting a little stir crazy. To help (or at least attempt to) keep them occupied, I made these for the girls in her class:


Each folder had a little ballerina with a little Velcro patch so that they could change her outfits. On the other side was a little color matching game, also with Velcro. I'm sure I put more time into them than they actually spent playing with them... but it was worth it! I love doing stuff like that. (And they were all super excited when they saw them!)
When it was finally time to go on stage at 12:15, I could tell Kaylee was getting cranky. In fact, after all that begging to go on stage - I wasn't even sure she'd make it out there! But once I left back stage - she was ready to go.
The girls were SO cute on stage! And what's more, they were AMAZING! They did the routine perfectly... better than any practice! It was hard to believe it was 9 little 3 year olds up there!
All nine of them!
So proud of this little girl!
"Coo Coo, Coo Coo"
Kaylee and her partner Ava
So sweet! 
"Goodbyyyyyyye!"Not surprisingly, Kaylee loved being up on stage and couldn't wait to do it again. Good thing, since we'd be back to do it all over again in a just a few hours!
MORE TO COME!
2 comments:
Can't wait to see the video, looks like they all did a great job!
Those books are so cute! Had to be the hit of the day.
That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen... it does make me sad that we live in a small enough town that my little ballerina will have to wait a few years to be able to dance... But I can't wait specially after seeing your adorable princess!
Post a Comment