Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fishin' Girls

Last Monday, while I was in the kitchen baking away for the girls' birthday party, Josh took the girls for their very first fishing trip. He took them to a pond in Nampa and even though they forgot the bobbers and didn't catch anything, the girls still enjoyed every minute and were so excited to tell me all about it when they got home.
I was just happy to have them home in one piece after receiving a text from their Daddy with a picture of a very tall rickety looking metal slide from a nearby playground and the words "Jadyn just fell 6 ft off a slide and landed on her head." And then he didn't answer his phone for 20 minutes. Okay, his phone lost service. But seriously? You can't send a text like that to a mom and not expect sheer panic on the other end! After the picture he sent me I was shocked when she came home without a scratch on her - just a little sand in her teeth from falling flat on her face. I swear the kid has a guardian angel by her side!

Apparently Josh caught the fishing bug, because he was already ready to hit the water again, so the five of us headed out to Swan Falls. Only problem? This time Josh forgot the entire tackle box! And since he wasn't able to switch the hooks on the bigger poles, Kaylee's Barbie pole was the only one catching anything. Every time she put it in the water she'd get a bite. Unfortunately most of them were too little to keep, but the girls seemed to like setting them free.
Josh was determined to go home with something, so he took over the Barbie pole. I couldn't resist taking a picture. :-)

No comments: