Friday, April 4, 2008

Baby Aerobics


If Jadyn could talk, she would tell you that being a chubby baby has its perks. Those pudgy little cheeks are a sure-fire attention magnet for family and strangers alike who can't help but dote over her, Mommy and Daddy can't seem to get enough of cuddling, and it makes her a little more durable for the poking and prodding of her curious 2 year old sister.


Yes, chubbiness, with all its glory, really can be a great thing. That is, except for when it comes to getting around. She mastered the art of rolling at a very early 8 weeks and has been making her away round with this method (in fact, I think the Buddha tummy acts a little like a springboard) - but crawling... well, that is another story. At first she tried to scoot, but her tummy would just get stuck on the floor.


She then tried to push up on her hands and knees hoping she might be able to crawl, but her chubby little legs just wouldn't seem to budge.


Thus, she decided to invent a new move entirely. This move consists of pushing up on her hands and tippy toes with her butt straight up in the air. It looks a little like this.


And here she is attempting it with clothes on. Is it just me, or does it look like she is attempting some push-ups? Ah yes, perhaps she is thinking if she sheds a few pounds she might be able to get around, afterall.


4 comments:

Andersons said...

That is hilarious - I was laughing out loud! Ahh, she's gonna be so mad at you someday for documenting this.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love her little plank position. She's getting started on her yoga at an early age.

Ash and Becky said...

I love the new layout! Anyway, I thought the same thing when I saw that picture of her on your myspace page. Do you take her to pilates on Fridays?

Ash and Becky said...

I love your new layout! I thought the same thing when I saw this picture on your myspace page. Do you take her to pilates on Fridays?