Friday, April 4, 2008

Hint of Spring

So this may be a sin to say as a native-Idahoan, but I am not a fan of cold weather. And living in Vegas where 50 degrees was considered "cold" and flip flops were acceptable year-round... really didn't help. So, when yesterday decided to grace us with sunny skies and near 60-degree weather, I was a happy, happy girl. I was especially excited to pull out the spray-on sunscreen and cover the girls in it (something about the smell just makes me think of being on the lake in the summer.) Josh had charged Kaylee's little "4-wheeler" yesterday so we decided to let her take it for a test drive.

It was way cute, but a little sad to see her as such a "big girl." She got this little car for her 1st birthday, and back then, could barely hold the button down. Days like this make me wish life had a pause button, so they could stay little just a little longer.

Well, back to our day. Kaylee rode her car for a few minutes, until she decided it looked like much more fun to help Daddy with yard work. She also decided that her little wheelbarrow would serve well as a Rototiller and "helped" him get the dirt ready for our long-awaited waterfall.

Jadyn decided to supervise from the stroller. (Looking adorable of course!) Too bad today decided to be gloomy again. Guess the weather was just teasing me. Oh well, guess it's better than snow!


4 comments:

Andersons said...

I didn't know you guys were doing a waterfall - how cool! And Kaylee looks so much bigger in her 4 wheeler than when she first got it >tear, sniff<. I hate when they grow up.

Anonymous said...

Malissa, I'm so glad you found me here in the "blogging world"! I've enjoyed going back and reading all your posts. Kaylee is getting so big and both of you girls are precious! That sunny day was so great, I've been bummed that it was followed by the freezing cold weekend.

Anonymous said...

Malissa,
I'm so glad you found me here in the "blogging world"! I have enjoyed going back and reading all your posts. Kaylee is getting so big and both the girls are precious. That was such a nice sunny day, I'm bummed that it was followed by the freezing cold weekend.

valerie said...

How fun that you found me! I haven't seen or talked to you in forever, since that random day at the mall I think.
Okay, Kaylee looks JUST like you, and I am laughing at what you wrote about her being 2 going on 16...um sound familiar? You are in for it I hope you know! :)
Your family is beautiful! Good to hear from you, I will keep checking in on you!