So I bought a little bike for Kaylee a couple months ago and had planned to give it to her for her 3rd birthday. But, as those things usually go, we gave in and let her have it early. (Well, actually it was more like - Mommy went to the store and when she came back Daddy had already put it together and little Kaylee was about to take it for a test drive.)
It was definitely time though - for the last couple weeks Kaylee has been watching all the neighborhood kids ride their bikes in front of our house and running after them yelling "Hi friends!" (Kaylee is convinced that every child - regardless of age or gender is her friend. The other day she saw some little 10 year old boys playing basketball and ran over and asked if she could play with them.) Everytime she saw one she'd say "Where's Kaylee's bike?" Her little face just lit up with excitement when Daddy told her she was going to have one of her very own!

The bike is still a little big for her and she's still figuring out exactly how to work the pedals and steer, but overall she's doing great! In fact, she keeps surprising us. After riding it for just a few minutes she started going down the driveway. Josh and I both started to rush after her and she just gave us this look like "Hey guys, I got this under control!" and steered right into a circle. We both got a little teary at just how big she has gotten. It's hard to believe our little Kaylee bear will be in Preschool this fall! (Oh, and don't worry - she does have a helmet I just wanted her cute little face to show in the pictures.)

P.S. Can you tell that Daddy did her hair and got her dressed for the day?? :-)
3 comments:
Holy cow, she DOES look so big on that bike! What an exciting day for her. She'll always remember her first bike.
Have I mentioned how much I love your camera? ;-)
She is so adorable! A bike is VERY important to a child, especially when all the other kids have one.....oh can't you just wait for all the things they are going to want later on in life? :)
We are so alike, I HATE when Justin dresses my kids...I am very very particular in what they wear, especially when we are in public! But she looks very cute, you are lucky she has curly hair, it looks cute no matter what!
People should read this.
Post a Comment