Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We (Kaylee and Jadyn) Have Been Tagged

Jensa (Ava and Chase) tagged us. So here it goes!

8 things you may not know about Kaylee:

1. I may look like a girly girl, but I'm about 60% boy at heart. I like to play in the mud, throw rocks, push around tractors/trucks/ cars, and help Daddy outside. I especially like to hold his tools for him and when that's not possible, I invent my own. (I'm quite creative you know!) If Mommy tries to put me in a dress and I am not in the mood, I will scream, "No Mommy... I don't want to be a princess!" If she still insists, I will find the biggest mud puddle and jump in the middle of it. Guess how much Mommy likes that??


2. If you know my Mom, you also know it's pretty much impossible to be her daughter and not retain at least some girliness. Over the last few months, I've finally started taking more interest in my dolls. My new favorite is the one that I talked Mommy into buying me at a garage sale a few weeks ago. It came with a doll stroller and car seat (looks just like sissy's!) and I beg Mommy to take them every where we go. Be forewarned though, "Baby" cannot be replaced by a different doll. I don't care if she has a bald head, raggedy pink pajamas, and squishy legs!
I also love to help mommy clean, do laundry (I especially like to "refold" everything Mommy has already folded), cook dinner, and bake cookies. I even love the color pink (but really, do I have a choice??)

3. Mommy doesn't like to admit that she's a bit OCD... but it's already rubbing off on me. I like to line my toys up in a line from biggest to smallest, color coordinate my magnetic letters, and constantly put things back where they belong. I am also not a fan of broken crackers. If there is one on my plate I will hand it to Mommy and insist that she put it back together. (Aren't Mommy's supposed to be able to fix everything?)

4. I love to sing and dance. My favorite tune lately is "Old McDonald" and I love to sing it over and over. Once I get to the part that says "And on the farm there was a..." I will put my hands out and say "what'd'ya want?" and will ask this until you tell me what animal to imitate. This game does not get old to me.
I love to dance in my living room like a ballerina and will move around any time I hear music. A few months ago I was named an "honorary staff member" at Lonestar after I got up and linedanced with the crew. My Daddy thinks it's hilarious when I stick my butt in the air and sing "Shake your booty... shake, shake, shake your booty." Good thing they don't let me watch MTV.

5. I have two best friends, Ava and Anna. We especially find it amusing to squeal at the top of our lungs and run in circles to make sure our moms are paying attention. We also never get sick of Ring Around The Rosies... especially the falling down part. (The picture is from a lunch trip we took to Pizza Hut. I was a little over-excited about the candy machine.)


6. My new favorite thing is to say "huh?" or "what'd you say?" - even if I know exactly what you said. After you repeat yourself 2 or 3 times, I'll most likely say it again. Mommy doesn't seem to like this new phase, but I find it quite amusing.

7. I love to learn! Even though I'm usually busting at the seams with energy, I can sit down and put together puzzles for an hour straight. I've known my numbers/ABCs/sounds for about a year now but am starting to learn a few words from my Word Whammer toy. Hopefully I can start figuring out Mommy and Daddy's "code" since they always like to spell things in front of me!

8. Despite having to share my toys and Mommy/Daddy's attention, I love being a big sister. I especially like crawling around on the floor so that Jadyn will chase me and making her giggle. Every time Mommy puts the baby down for a nap I'll ask, "Where's my Jadyn?" Occasionally if no one's looking I'll sneak into her room and wake her up so she can come and play some more. I'm not sure why Mommy gets so upset about that.



8 things you may not know about Jadyn:

1. I have the most kissable cheeks in the universe. Wait, you already knew that one.

2. I am a kid magnet! I'm not sure what Sissy thinks about all her friends wanting to play with me as much as her. But hey, I can't help that I'm irresistible.


3. I've taken after my big sister on the whole loving music thing! I like to bust a move every time I hear it come on the tv and occasionally fall over from rocking out too hard!

4. Even though Mommy would like to keep me a baby forever, I am already trying to convince her that I'm ready to be a big girl. Forget the nursing, bottles, and baby food. Just hand me a sippy cup, a slice of pizza, and some ice cream and I'll be good to go. Oh, but go ahead and leave the binkie... I'm still a bit attached to that.

5. It's not too early to be interested in boys. I have two boyfriends, Chase and Ethan. Aren't they cute??


6. I am obsessed with shoes. I love to crawl after them, and much to Mommy's distaste, always aim to put them in my mouth. Nothing like the taste of rubber. Unfortunately, despite my own extensive shoe collection (19 pairs to be exact) I can't wear ANY of them. My feet are actually surprisingly small (I barely fit into a size 2 lengthwise) but are too chubby to get the straps over them. What's a girl to do??

7. I love to hear my own voice. I especially like to test it out in stores, restaurants, or anywhere that is supposed to be quiet. You'd be amazed how much volume can come out of someone so small!

8. I think my big sister is the BEST! Even when she takes toys away, tries to ride me like a horsie, or stuffs my mouth full of Cheerios. When Mommy puts her in time out for these things, I like to crawl to her door and wait for her to come out. Oh, but I do occasionally knock big sister over (by accident of course), just to remind her who's really the boss. This whole not sharing toys thing is temporary business.



We tag Valerie (Mackenzie and Gavin), TerrieBeth (JT and Tatem), Hillary (Amaya and Kendal) and anyone else on our blog list who hasn't done it yet!

7 comments:

Ash and Becky said...

Your girls are so cute! Jadyn's feet sound exactly like Xander's! It is so hard to find shoes for his thick feet! I think Marissa will have bigger feet than him within a year or two!

Andersons said...

That's adorable! My favorite pictures are the ones with Kaylee wearing the apron (where did you get that cute thing?) and Jadyn surrounded by her shoes. I love it!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love the picture of Jadyn with all her shoes. Sounds like Kaylee puts on quite the show when she's singing her songs!

hilla said...

HOw adorable! I finally finished my tu-tu pics, and as soon as I am back in town, I will be all over posting those and this tag game! Your girls are adorable, and so strangely similar to mine! Love, Love the shoe pics! (may have to steal that idea. But you know what they say, copying is the highest form of flattery!)

Anonymous said...

JT gave me such a hard time potty training...I was pulling my hair out! Tatem decided that she was ready and went for it, hopefully the second time around it's easier for you as well.
We take swimming lessons from an old friend of mine at her parents house. The house is down by my parents so it's kind of a hassle to drive there every day for two weeks, but she is so amazing with the kids it is worth it. Let me know if you want anymore info on it.

valerie said...

I love all your cute stories of your girls, they are even more cute in person! :)
I will get around to this tag sooner or later!!! :)

Shannon said...

That is quite the shoe collection. Pretty impressive!!!