Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter Makes Me Cranky.

I wish I had a good excuse for being such a blog slacker this month. Like maybe I took a tropical vacation to the Bahamas or had a burst of productivity and have been spending my days painting walls and reupholstering seat cushions. The truth is, the Holidays are over, my decorations are packed away in boxes, I've already got my snow fix for the year, and now I'm just ready for this darn winter to be o-ver. (And don't you dare remind me it's only January!)
Today we decided to venture out into the inversion-infested 20 degree air for a MOMS Club field trip to a horticulture farm. (Thanks Jensa for the pictures!)
The tropical greenhouse took me to a happy place....

...until we stepped back outside. (Good thing my girls are tougher than their mama... they didn't seem to mind the freezing cold!) They got to meet some farm animals - (Jadyn giggled like crazy when the horse "kissed" her hand!)


and Kaylee discovered a little outdoor stage that she couldn't seem to resist. (She's kinda caught the stardom bug after her ballet recital on Saturday.) She literally ran into the center of her stage and started belting out "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." Then she called her friends up to join her.

We finished off the trip by the kids getting pea seeds ready for the spring. Ahh spring. You're coming soon, right??

1 comment:

valerie said...

Never a dull moment in your life is there? You are always going and doinbg something FUN and new with your girlies!
that last pic of Kaylee, she is so deep in thought!

ps, when I first put in your new address to my blog list, it said you were private or something and wouldn't add your address correctly. BUT, I just tried again and it worked? I only have a couple bloggers that does that on my list...glad you aren't one of them now!