Thursday, January 29, 2009

*28*


So I'm not too crazy about being 28. Because, well, frankly it makes me feel old. I'm officially out of my mid-twenties and almost 30. Blech. (Though I guess I should quit complaining and enjoy my final two years of being 20-something??)

Anyway, despite my bitterness, it was a wonderful day. My sweet friends Jensa and Shannon took me to this adorable little breakfast placed called Rembrandts in Eagle. (If you haven't been there - you need to go!) Then we decided to have a little playgroup for the babies while our girls were in preschool. They were too cute!


Josh baked my favorite - homemade German chocolate cake. (Okay not MY homemade German chocolate cake as it was out of a box... but still!) Then he took me and the girls for a yummy dinner at Outback (our favorite!) It had been a while since we had been there and of course, we ate WAY too much!
(Notice there is a piece missing from the cake... like I said, I love me some German chocolate cake!) :o)


I only asked for one thing for my birthday - to paint our great room/kitchen. Josh just laughed when I said this, but I was dead serious. He kept asking me what I really wanted, and I kept telling him the same thing. See - we've lived in this house for almost 4 years and painted almost every other room. It's mostly because of the ridiculously tall vaulted ceilings and all the cabinets, etc to paint around. Oh, and I have a fear of picking the "wrong" color. Anyway, the walls have yet to change color... but he did come home with a bag full of painting supplies. I guess it's a start. He also wants me to choose between a day at the spa or some new clothes. We shall see...


Anyway, it was a wonderful day! So thank you to everyone for all the cards, calls, emails, and Facebook/Myspace comments. My friends and family rock! And I still get my annual birthday party with my family - so more celebration to come! Okay, maybe birthdays aren't so bad after all.

1 comment:

valerie said...

Okay so I am a loser friend, I NEVER know when anyone's bdays are.....sorry love. Glad you have people besides me that take care of you on your bday!!!!! Happy happy belated birthday friend!