Last night we decided it was time to make use of those pumpkins we picked up from Kaylee's field trip to Linder Farms so we had our own little Pumpkin Carving Party.
After changing into some comfy clothes and putting on a festive movie (somehow we ended up with Josh's all time favorite... The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad... I secretly love the fact that he is such a kid at heart!) - we got to work on our pumpkins.
When I was at the store earlier that day, I asked Josh if he wanted me to pick up a pumpkin carving kit. His reply? "Why would we need one of those? We have knives don't we??" When it was time to get started, he took one look at the pumpkins and just by the grin on his face I knew he was up to no good... 30 seconds later he came in from the garage with his Dewalt Jigsaw in hand. Only MY husband... I swear!

Kaylee had no problem digging in and get her hands dirty pulling out the pumpkin seeds and guts, but Jadyn was not so sure. She opted for a serving spoon instead!

Jadyn decided on a kitty face for her pumpkin (Mommy was in charge of this one... no power tools involved!) Kaylee was convinced she needed a "scary face" - but after Daddy had a little mishap with the saw, it kinda ended up a happy Jack-O-Lantern. (She didn't seem to mind!) The big pumpkin was a scary cat in the moon. I was actually pretty impressed with my husband's mad saw skills - I must say, I had my doubts. :-)


After the pumpkins were carved and lit, we snuggled up in the living from to watch Casper's Scare School and enjoyed toasted pumpkin seeds (I think the girls liked them as much as popcorn!) and pumpkin sugar cookies. It was such a fun family night!
1 comment:
Very cute pumpkins!
Post a Comment