Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So I sorta kinda love this guy...


Since it is Josh's 31st birthday today and he has had to put up with my uber-moody hormones the last couple months... I figured he was due for a little tribute post.

Though I have a tendency to give my sweet husband a bit of a hard time and can't help but complain about his man quirks (seriously... is it THAT hard to pick your clothes off the bathroom floor, not leave your shoes in the middle of the living room for the girls to trip over, and put your soda cans in the recycle bin??) - the truth is, I'm pretty darn lucky to have him.

First, the guy can fix and build anything. I mean, really, who builds their wife a waterfall in the front yard, an Adirondack porch swing (with no pattern mind you), and constructs a two story storage shed with clubhouse on top... completely by hand?? I'm pretty convinced there is nothing he can't do.

Second (and perhaps most important,) he loves his little girls more than anything. Everyday when he comes home from work the very first thing he does after he walks through the door is drop to his knees - arms stretched out wide - just waiting for his two sets of pigtails to come rushing in with a hug. He watches Disney movies with them (Snow White and all) on a blanket on the living room floor. He throws them up in the air and makes them giggle until their tummies hurt. He reads them stories and teaches them silly songs. He lets them play in the dirt and takes them to Home Depot to teach them about tools and building things. He even gives in to pleads to play "princesses" with their pocket dolls (and is probably much more animated than Mommy!)

And despite the fact that we are both incredibly stubborn and can't help but argue about silly things... he is no doubt my best friend. I love my girl friends, but when it comes down to it - there's no one I'd rather hang out with. He loves me, he supports me, he knows me, and makes me laugh every day.

Yep, I think I'll keep him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY... I LOVE YOU!