Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks....

First off, let me just say that I have so, so many reasons to be thankful. The Lord has blessed me with this amazing life, and so much more than I could have ever dreamed of. And though I could never find the words to express all the reasons I am grateful, here are just a few:
  • I Am Thankful... for having a husband who works hard every day so I can stay home with our little girls and watch them grow up.
  • Thankful... that Josh still has his job, considering this crazy economy and with so many people whom have lost theirs.
  • Thankful... to hear "I love you" a hundred times a day from my kids and husband. (I'm learning it's a bit out of the ordinary just how much we say it in this house... but I wouldn't change it for the world!) :-)
  • Thankful... to have two beautiful and healthy little girls who spend their days playing, laughing, and just being little. My favorite compliment to hear is what happy little girls I have... I'm hoping that means we're doing something right?
  • Thankful... for my new part time job that lets me make extra money working from home... and doing something that I actually enjoy. (Thanks Mom!)
  • Thankful... for life's little frivolities that make my day just a little sweeter (even if they are guilty pleasures)... i.e. DVR so I never have to miss my favorite shows, Internet, cell phones, RedBox movies for 99 cents, online secret coupon sites that help me get good deals, homemade chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven, Ghirardelli chocolate caramel squares, portable DVD players (a lifesaver during 11 hour car rides to Vegas with a toddler and baby!), my laptop (when it's in a good mood), mineral makeup... hmm this list is getting a little long!
  • Thankful... for life's necessities so readily taken for granted... a warm home, food, running water, clothes... freedom!
  • Thankful... for mornings when Kaylee wakes me up by crawling into my bed, snuggling into me and saying "good morning Mommy!" then when I start to get up she'll wrap me in a bear hug and say "No Mommy I'm going to lock you in my arms so have to stay here forever!"
  • Thankful... to watch my little Jadyn Grace learn new words, dance in circles across our living room, and try to sing along to Kaylee's Joy School music.
  • Thankful... for simple family nights at home - eating pizza and watching Disney movies with the girls. And for those rare but sweet occasions when I get to date my husband.
  • Thankful... that Kaylee is fully potty trained (no accidents for 3 months!) and only one set of diapers to change. No really. This is a wonderful thing... there was a time that I thought I'd be sending her to Kindergarten in pull-ups! :-)
  • Thankful... for $1.67 gas prices.
  • Thankful... to have both girls sleeping through the night... 8:30pm to 8:00am! (Hallelujah!)
  • Thankful... to have such a loving and supportive family, amazing in-laws, and the best friends a girl could ask for.
  • Thankful... for this crazy blogging/myspace/facebook world which allows me stay in touch with friends whom I don't see nearly enough.

And Most of All...

Thankful for the everyday blessings (however big or small) of this beautiful life!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Andersons said...

You are one lucky girl! It becomes so clear when you start to write it all out, doesn't it?